Does apple still replace crackbooks?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Karr271, Aug 24, 2011.

1. Karr271 macrumors regular

I know that last year apple was replacing crackbooks with unibody MacBooks. However, since they're discontinued, would apple still replace them with a new one? Whether it's a MacBook air or a refurbished MacBook.

2. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

They wont just give you a macbook air, lol...

They just fix where the crack is. I heard of them fixing this still....

3. Young Spade macrumors 68020

Why don't you just call the nearest store and ask? Much quicker, easier, and more effective than posting online...

But probably, until they run out of the parts. They just take the top piece off and replace it; they don't go "inside" and tinker with anything.

4. tubalores macrumors member

tubalores

I just had my macbook's lid replaced in 1 day...they definitely have lots of supplies for the parts and the guy at the genius bar said they usually have the available parts until about 5-6 years after a machine is discontinued. He has worked at Apple for a long time, so I believe him. FYI the Apple store was absolutely wonderful about replacing my lid!! Very happy camper :eek:

5. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

They will still fix the cracks in your MacBook! I just fixed mine yesterday at the Chandler Apple Store. Yes, they will do it, Go Apple! Completely free fix too!

6. jonahtron macrumors member

This is fantastic news!

did you guys make a genius appointment or just walk in?

7. Young Spade macrumors 68020

Back when I wanted to do it I brought it in and the guy told me I needed to make an appointment; I'd assume this to be the case as the store is always packed and having random people walk in en masse wanting stuff done never works.

8. Tharian macrumors regular

Be warned, the Genius bar is beginning to stop free replacements for the 1st gen MacBooks. After 5 years the support stops.

-d

9. jonahtron macrumors member

taking my early 2008 white in tomorrow at the convent garden London store to have this done.. ill report back any news!