does apple still replace the 2g iphone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by arm2820, Jul 19, 2009.

1. arm2820 macrumors newbie

My 2g iphone's service has somehow gotten a lot worse than it use to be. I'm not receiving some phone calls, i'll get a voice mail several hours after someone leaves it, and my battery seems to be getting worse by the day. I've done a restore and it didn't fix any of the problems so I was just curious if apple still replaces the old 2g iphones...

2. sako94 macrumors regular

as long as your still under the apple care warranty they should

3. Clix Pix macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (VA)
    I wouldn't think they'd have any 2G iPhone stock left..... Probably they would instead encourage you to move to the 3G or 3G S⃣ .

4. joejoejoe macrumors 65816

I had all of these problems and they still wouldn't replace my phone, and I have Apple Care. The kid at the genius bar told me for 45 minutes to leave and get a new sim card (which I ended up doing, it didn't fix anything). They used to be much more lenient about replacing the phones but I guess they're trying to get people to buy new ones now.

5. ouimetnick macrumors 68020

ouimetnick

I had to get my original iphone 8Gb replaced two week ago. Yes they still will give you the same model.

6. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

They can't tell you to buy a new phone and renew your plan when the hardware of the phone is still supported. They have return-ready stock and would replace it with one of those.

7. Cescfabregas4 macrumors member

3gs? No way they would replace it with that. More likely a 3g.

8. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

They will always have plenty of refurbished 2G iPhones. They have to have them though they have all been repaired and are now being used as replacements. They are given brand new cases, screens and batterys so they are good as new.

9. psychotropic macrumors regular

Actually, your wrong. At the end of June I began having problems with my 2g Iphone. After numerous calls and troubleshooting, Apple sent me a replacement 2g Iphone. Upon receiving the replacement (refurbished) I began to have problems connecting to the Edge network. I began more calls with AT&T and they sent me to the Apple representatives. Upon more troubleshooting, they sent me to what they called an "Iphone special team" member, who reviewed my notes and told me that they would offer me a 3G Iphone for my trouble, I would just have to upgrade my data plan. Well upon agreeing to these terms, they sent me a new phone. However they didn't send me a 3G, I received a brand new 3GS!!!

Now, I understand that this was a rare case and they are aware that they sent me a 3GS not a 3G. My advice is to not contact the genius representatives at the store, call AT&T have them troubleshoot and then they will send you to Apple who is obviously more qualified to help you with your problems.

Good luck with your replacement.