Does apple store (not online store) take tax?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by esumd, Nov 30, 2008.

1. esumd macrumors newbie

I want to buy mbp 2500 $ model, does apple store (not online store) take tax nearly 200$?

2. ClassicBean macrumors 6502a

Not sure where you live, but in Canada tax rates vary by province to province the same way they vary by state to state. So, to answer your question, unless you live somewhere without a sales tax (or if you live somewhere where the tax rate is blended into the final price), you'll pay more at the cash.

3. esumd thread starter macrumors newbie

I live in Turkey, but on summer I'm gonna be in United states (new york)

4. kornyboy macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5G77 Safari/525.20)

It depends on where you live. The tax at the Apple Store (brick and mortar) in the US is the sales tax for the area where it is located. The online store taxes based on your zip code so in some cases it would be better to purchase online since you wouldn't pay as much in taxes. That is how it works in the US.

5. kornyboy macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5G77 Safari/525.20)

I'm not 100% sure about the tax rate in New York City but I think it is close to 10%. If that is the case it would be better for you to purchase the MBP online since at almost $200 is less than 10%. Double check the tax rate in New York to make sure before you purchase though.

6. esumd thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks sir.