iPod Does apple store still do 10% for recycling?

tuosfan

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 5, 2007
Does the apple store still give you 10% off if you bring in your old ipod?

JonHimself

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2004
Toronto, Ontario
General question: Would I need ID or anything in returning the iPod for recycling? Like do I have to fill out any forums or anything or do they just take the iPod and then give me 10%. I only ask because I don't think Canada has the 10% off (If they do then my question is irrelavent) and was just going to go to Buffalo to buy one of the new iPods. With the canadian dollar I think the normal US price is still cheaper than the Canadian price, but with the 10% off it gets even better.

tuosfan

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 5, 2007
i'll do it today if the clarendon store in arlington still has it and let you know.

bobr

macrumors member
Just left the store here in Madison with a new Nano :). They said it's valid for all iPods except the Nano.....to rephrase that, you can turn in any iPod except for the Nano for the 10%, Was gonna' trade in a broken 3G but decided to save that for the iPod touch at the end of the month!! Wonder if I can stack the 10% recycling discount with the .gov discount.........I'm guessing not. Anyone know?

JonHimself

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2004
Toronto, Ontario
Just left the store here in Madison with a new Nano :). They said it's valid for all iPods except the Nano.....to rephrase that, you can turn in any iPod except for the Nano for the 10%, Was gonna' trade in a broken 3G but decided to save that for the iPod touch at the end of the month!! Wonder if I can stack the 10% recycling discount with the .gov discount.........I'm guessing not. Anyone know?
I think I remember hearing or reading that you can't combine discounts

vtprinz

macrumors 6502
Nov 30, 2004
Thank god for the MR forums. I was debating going to buy the 80GB classic today, but decided to wait until my exams are over this week (don't need the distraction). I have an old 1G 5GB ipod laying around, and I would have never known about this!

Thanks!

Now back to studying...meh

LizKat

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
Really?! Does that mean I can trade in my 4 GB iPod nano and get 10% off on a new model? :D
Yep, or even trade in an old mini-iPod. Apple probably refurbs trade-ins and sells them again, but I guess they don't refurb the mini ones any more. I don't see them in the Store's refurb iPod area now. I ended up with three minis, perfect for audio books and big playlists of old favorites for use in the car. When one finally breaks, I figure I'll bundle it up with one of its pals and ask Smalldog's techs to refurb one with parts from the other -- :eek: is that cruel?? -- if they don't still have enough parts just lying around.

LLPE33

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2003
Groovy. I was wondering the same thing. I've got a dead 4GB mini (to go along with the deceased 60GB photo) that I use to get $19.90 off of a 3G 8GB nano...eventually.