Does Apple TV work with "many" devices

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by MacAndMic, Jan 4, 2014.

1. MacAndMic macrumors 6502

Please excuse my lack of knowledge on this, though we are an Apple family, I've never looked into the TV aspect.

With family in mind, everyone has their own device and iTunes account. We have iPhones, an iPad, an iPod and MacBooks. If I bought an Apple TV, could anyone in the family stream to it from any device even though they have separate iTunes accounts? Or would they have to jump through some hoops to get logged in or connected.

Thank you for all of the help.

2. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

The ATV allows for multiple iTunes ( Apple ID ) accounts. Only one can be logged in at a time though.

3. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

Also, each person on iOS 7 can now stream (AirPlay) from their own device to any ATV at home or away (like on a friends ATV). So long as both devices are on the same local network. This saves you from switching to a different Apple ID in the settings if that is a concern.

4. MacAndMic thread starter macrumors 6502

This is exactly what I was wanting.

Thank you

5. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

Just to confirm the last reply, I was able to Air Play to an ATV at my brother in law's house even though he was signed in to the ATV. It works great.

6. MacAndMic thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the replies guys. I picked one up and it is doing exactly what I wanted it to do. All of us are getting a kick out of easily sharing our media and displaying the computer screen to the TV.

7. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

Glad it worked out for you!

I just got one for Christmas and I am having a good time trying out the different apps and features.