Does apple UAE ship same day ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by xviirus, Sep 19, 2014.

1. xviirus macrumors newbie

Hey, I live outside (Egypt) and iPhone 6 wont be available until november or some but I can get it shipped from any online store, I'm still confused which one to buy from

Apple US store : ships on late october
    Apple UAE store : Buying will be available 27th sep.

I couldn't find an answer how long it takes for UAE to ship but pretty much for all the other products it says same day

If you got links regarding any previous iphones launch in UAE and how long it takes please let me know

Your advices are welcomed

2. benna macrumors regular

I'm from UAE as well. As far as what I see, I don't think it would ship on the same day. It would be another week or two before it ships. However, the carriers here du and etisalat have started preorders today. I've pre ordered mine for pick up on 27th. :D

3. xviirus thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok well, since i can't call dubai numbers from my phone due to carrier problems bs, can you or anyone who lives there ask them about shipping dates or approx time :D thanks

4. benna macrumors regular

du and Etisalat has got limited stocks of the 6 and 6 Plus. Apple is shipping them directly from China upon order, so it's going to be 3-4 weeks for Plus and a week for the 6.:( I will call Apple on Sunday and update you. They're off on Fridays and Saturdays.

5. xviirus, Sep 19, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2014

xviirus thread starter macrumors newbie

I also heard that uae iphones don't have imessage nor facetime included, basically it comes with uae edition, if so ill consider placing an order tonight from US store as im looking for the standard version

well, i dont know, can someone tell me if it gonna be available on some online stores like amazon and get it delivered any sooner than 13th october ?

6. benna macrumors regular

They do not have Facetime, but they do have iMessage. I doubt if they're going to be available any other stores considering the shortage of these devices.

7. LadyX macrumors 68020

LadyX

FaceTime is blocked here. So if you want that, then don't buy from the Apple Store UAE. It won't be available on Amazon anytime soon. If you can purchase it from Apple Store US then this is your best option. Assuming you have an address there and someone who can sign for your package (friend, relative, etc.).

----------

Did you get the 6 or 6 Plus? Was there an issue with the storage options? For some reason, the 128GB option was not clickable.

8. xviirus thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok well that settles it, will place order later today, i hope i get it asap and dont regret it, thanks

9. xviirus thread starter macrumors newbie

I just called apple and they said they do not accept non-us credit card and they cannot ship the iphone to any shipment company because they're not made for export

this is getting ridiculous, i can have a friend to get it but i will almost receive it on november !!!!
    thats when it officially becomes available at my country, either way im gonna pay more ridiculous price ( almost 300$ over original ) ...

10. benna macrumors regular

Try using Aramex Shop & Ship.

I ordered the 6 Plus, 64GB, Space Grey. The order page still says processing.

I just tried ordering the 128 gigs and it added to the cart just fine. Try a different browser maybe? Are you trying on du or Etisalat?

11. LadyX macrumors 68020

LadyX

Does apple UAE ship same day ?

Etisalat. And I tried Chrome, Safari, and Opera.

12. adit2412 macrumors newbie

I'm not completely sure, but I think during the 5s launch in UAE, the delivery was expected between 3-5 days. I hope it's the same this time as well.

13. benna macrumors regular

Ordered them from du. :D

Check out their store. http://shop.du.ae

Attached Files:

14. LadyX macrumors 68020

LadyX

Lucky! What package did you get with it?

----------

That was different. The iPhone 6 and 6 Plus are scarce at launch.

15. benna macrumors regular

Just checked du store again and they're all out of stock. Space Grey version :eek:

I'm on Prepaid! I'm thinking I'll call them up tomorrow and schedule the pickup on Saturday, probably in the Dubai Mall Store. :D

Did you manage to make an order?

16. adit2412 macrumors newbie

True, but then again I'm hoping that by then they would have managed to start supplying phones in a week. Atleast the 6, because that's what I want! :p

17. LadyX macrumors 68020

LadyX

Even Etisalat. All 64GB versions are out of stock. Love that mall.

Nope, I'm going to wait a week, till the 27th :D

----------

I think you'll be able to get an iPhone 6. The Plus is in very short supply though.