Does Apple UK hold the money or take it off?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by 2contagious, Sep 5, 2010.

1. 2contagious macrumors 6502a

2contagious

Hi,

Weirdest transaction ever: money off, money back on, but Apple claims it has gone off and my bank claims there hasn't been any transaction on Tuesday:

I have ordered a custom Mac Pro on Tuesday and during the 2 days after that, my bank account's "available balance" showed that the money had gone through. The weird thing is: since yesterday, the available balance has gone back up to the amount it was before. I called Apple to see if anything was wrong with my payment, but he said everything worked and the money has gone through. Is it possible that Apple were just doing a credit-check and will take the money off for good by the time they ship my Mac Pro?

It's really confusing at the moment.. I can't keep track of my payments anymore now that I have an extra 3000 pounds on my account and I don't know where it came from (it's being shown in the available balance, but I don't know the reason because nothing is on the statement yet).

see you
    2c

2. mr0c macrumors regular

mr0c

well for credit cards, they put a hold on the amount until it ships, then they take it off. So it appears you have less o an available balance even though there is no transaction.

don't sweat it, once it ships the money will be gone ;) if it's not you can always donate it my way :D

3. 2contagious thread starter macrumors 6502a

2contagious

It's a debit card :confused:

4. jamied95 macrumors 6502

It'll be to check you have available funds, they don't want to send it to you, and then find you don't have the money! It happened loads to people who ordered the iPad - everythings fine!

5. 2contagious thread starter macrumors 6502a

2contagious

Yeah, but what's the point in doing a credit check first if they're going to take it off anyway.. :/