Does Apple use Solectron to repair their notebooks? (Macbook/Macbook Pro)

aphexii

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 22, 2006
Just curious as I HATE Solectron with a passion and I know many (probably most) manufacturers use them with their warranty services.

2-3 years ago I had to send a Dell Inspiron 8100 in for service over 4 times in a row. Every time i sent it in, the initial problem was not only not fixed, but they broke other things as well. One time arriving back with a cracked LCD that they tried to blame me for.

Well just now I received my Lenovo back from service and again, not only did they not fix all problems I sent it in for, but they also managed to not properly put my lcd bezel back together properly (not exactly an ideal situation with a tablet) after fixing an issue with the fingerprint reader. The entire right side of the bezel is wide open :(

Anyway, i'm done with Lenovo & Solectron. I've wanted to switch my laptop to apple for some time now (my main rig is a Mac Mini) and this is the last straw.

So... In summation... Does apple use Solectron to repair its notebooks? I really really hope not.

SwitchingtoMAC

macrumors member
Apr 7, 2006
Massachusetts
apple has a centralized repair facility that the apple stores will send laptops to for repairs, but if you got to a authorized service place that is not an apple store they will likely fix it in house

Comment

aphexii

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 22, 2006
apple has a centralized repair facility that the apple stores will send laptops to for repairs, but if you got to a authorized service place that is not an apple store they will likely fix it in house
So the apple centralized repair center is part of apple? Or is it outsourced?

Comment

aphexii

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 22, 2006
awesome thanks... good to hear someone knows how to do it right :)

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.