Does Apple usually have sales for Thanksgiving?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by cwc123188, Sep 21, 2007.

1. cwc123188 macrumors regular

Hello I know there are a lot of stores in America that do special sales on Thanksgiving so I wonder if Apple does the same thing at Apple Store or any of its retailer? If they do, what have been the deals like?

Thank you very much!

2. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

if i can remember correctly, their day after thanksgiving sale is a very modest one, 10% off hardware, and i'm not so sure about software.

EDIT: never mind, i just found this thread. it details the sales that were going on last year. applies to only select items.

3. Kamera RAWr macrumors 65816

Kamera RAWr

"Apple" and "sale" are two words that I don't think I've seen together too often ;). Except maybe at the grocery store :D

4. Squonk macrumors 65816

Squonk

Yes they sure do. Not all that great, but I got $30 off an AirportExpress 4 years ago. Only on Black Friday do these sales appear. In store and on-line.

5. ClassicBean macrumors 6502a

I saved $100 on my black MacBook last November. Although it was for the American Thanksgiving, the sale extended to Canada. Not sure about the rest of planet though.

6. robby818 macrumors 6502a

The savings on computers and ipods is very modest and you would probably do better buying from Amazon (factoring in tax). But there are some good deals on accessories like laptop cases.

7. psycoswimmer macrumors 65816

psycoswimmer

Yup, the sales are (only) on Black Friday. I got an Airport Express last year and its still running great!

8. seany916 macrumors 6502

Usually only on 2 or 3 items. Maybe 10% off, but can't be combined with other discounts (like student). Some of the more high profile stores might have "grab bags".

Get what you need, when you need it. Just make sure to do that after an update/bump/price drop. ;)

9. kuebby macrumors 68000

kuebby

What are these grab bags? I now live near 2 big stores and might stop by if these are a good deal.