Does AppleCare cover keyboard backlight damage?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bobfitz14, Mar 7, 2011.

1. bobfitz14 macrumors 65816

bobfitz14

Simple enough, a small amount of a drink was spilled on my MBP last friday night and now the backlight doesn't light up the way it should. Will my AppleCare cover this?

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Apple Care does not cover ANY accidental damage and most especially spills of any kind

3. bobfitz14 thread starter macrumors 65816

bobfitz14

liusfhgejsg. morals debate aside, what would happen if i pulled the "i don't know what happened" excuse...? i'm assuming they'd be able to tell there liquid damage or no?

4. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Probably... but you never know without asking
    You can take your chances, but I have always had better luck with Apple by just being up front with them

5. bobfitz14 thread starter macrumors 65816

bobfitz14

yeah i haven't had many encounters with Apple, always purchased iPods through Best Buy because of convenience and i only recently bought my MBP last May and haven't had problems with it since i purchased it.

i go home for spring break this friday so i'll go to an Apple Store next week and just be up front but i might play the dumb game a little bit. i really can't fork over a couple hundred dollars to have my keyboard replaced and even though i don't look at my keyboard that much when i'm typing my OCD is bothering me so much i've turned the backlight off most of the time...:eek: this is just what i needed....