does applecare cover peripherals?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by thetussinmonstr, May 1, 2008.

1. thetussinmonstr macrumors member

My mouse has been doing all kinds of crazy stuff the past few weeks. I can't seem to solve the problem. I paid for applecare when I bought my comp, is the mouse covered?

[i would have just called apple and asked if it wasn't 4:30am]

Thanks for any input.

2. cyclingplatypus macrumors 6502a

cyclingplatypus

I believe that they are, I know that if you have an AEBS or Airport Express they are covered under AppleCare on a system so I don't see why your mouse wouldn't be, let me guess on the mouse, not scrolling?

3. scienide09 macrumors 65816

scienide09

I'll ask the obvious question: is it an Apple branded mouse?
    If it is, and came with/was purchased with your system, then it certainly should be covered.

4. thetussinmonstr thread starter macrumors member

It's funny you should say that. Right before this problem started the scroll button wouldn't work; I was told to turn it upside down and rub it around to get the dirt out. I did that, it started scrolling again, and then this started. I tried cleaning it again but no luck.

Yes, Apple Wireless Mighty Mouse.. although it isn't too f_cking mighty.

5. AppleNewton macrumors 68000

AppleNewton

Yes anytthing that came with your computer or PURCHASED WITH (on the same receipt) is covered under AppleCare Warranty (apple branded).

Ive had my keyboard replaced once (keyboard shorted on start up for some reason) and my might mouse stopped scrolling aswell.
    repalced that and the same issues kept occuring, i found that iKlear seems to do the trick on fibre cloth included with the larger or medium bottles and havent had much issues wiht it since.

6. nintendude macrumors 6502

I believe that AppleCare says that for Mac Mini, its anything purchased at the time of purchase, for the iMac, its what was included w/ the iMac. Not sure but check the AppleCare terms and stuff that somewhere @ apple.com