Does applecare+ covers a screen scratch on the AW SS ?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by LoveToMacRumors, Jan 15, 2017.

1. LoveToMacRumors macrumors 68020

LoveToMacRumors

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

3. RadioGaGa1984 Suspended

RadioGaGa1984

You could use one of your incidents and have it replaced, but for that there is a fee.

4. vanryan macrumors newbie

vanryan

http://www.apple.com/ca/support/products/watch.html

With AppleCare+
    AppleCare+ for Apple Watch and Apple Watch Nike+ extends your coverage to two years from the original purchase date of your Apple Watch1 and adds up to two incidents of accidental damage coverage, each subject to a $89 service fee plus applicable tax.2In addition, you'll get 24/7 priority access to Apple experts by chat or phone.

5. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

They won't even let you use one of your 'replacements' for a scratch because it doesn't impact usage.

"(v) The Plan does not apply to cosmetic damage to the Covered Equipment, including but not limited to scratches and dents that do not otherwise affect the functionality of the Covered Equipment."

6. RadioGaGa1984 Suspended

RadioGaGa1984

Only as part of the extended warranty does that apply. You most certainly can use an incident if you wanna pay the $89 fee.

7. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Nope. Incorrect. I've tried and Apple pointed me to that statement. You cannot use an AC+ incident on a scratch. Incidents can only be used on something that effects the usage of the device. Such as a crack.

A quick google search will bring up dozens of incidences where a scratch was not enough for a paid replacement. This applies to watches, iPhones, iPods and iPads.

8. RadioGaGa1984 Suspended

RadioGaGa1984

Well I guess it depends on your Apple Store and genius. My store has never had an issue replacing for any reason for the fee.

9. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Then you are lucky. The that statement I posted is dreictly from AC+ terms and conditions, not AC.

10. RadioGaGa1984 Suspended

RadioGaGa1984

Yeah I know the statement is from the AppleCare+ terms and conditions. However as I previously stated that is in regard to the extended and standard warranty part of the agreement not the accidental incidents.

11. GoSUV macrumors member

Well, if you have a scratch or dent on the AW that bothers you so much to a point you just want to pay the fee and have it replaced, and Apple Care+ denies you because the scratch or dent doesn't qualify as an "incident", you can always "accidentally" drop it onto a concrete floor or "accidentally" drop a hammer on it. The terms didn't say the incident can't be self inflicted...

12. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

That's fraud. Plain and simple as that. It's accident damage, not "break on purpose damage". Intentional damage is not included in the terms and conditions. It's actually outlined as excluded.