Does AppleCare+ extend with a replacement?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by itsmilo, Oct 7, 2016.

1. itsmilo macrumors 65816

itsmilo

I am asking cuz i bought my iPhone 6 in November of 2014 so technically the ApleCare+ warranty should run out this November right?

However i got my iPhone 6 replaced due to water damage in August 2015. I randomly checked all my apple devices coverage today and oddly enough it says AppleCare+ til August 2017

Did they make a mistake when they replaced it or is that normal? Its a whole new 2 years from the day i got my replacement

2. Conan86 macrumors 6502

Yea, they made a mistake.

AppleCare+ replacement sets are covered by an additional warranty of 3 months OR your original warranty end date whichever is longer

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

4. itsmilo thread starter macrumors 65816

itsmilo

so very strange. I just simultaneously got hold of the Apple Chat support and asked them how long my warranty is still valid and they confirmed the August 2017 date. Now i am kinda uncertain what to believe.

Another odd thing. If i check the warranty from the other apple site (cant think of the url right now) it tells me it cant check it cuz i didnt buy said iPhone in my region (which i did) however if i check it through the device support page it does find my device with the August 2017 date.

I saved the chat conversation just in case

5. ag29 macrumors 6502

This has happened to me before when Apple didn't transfer my AppleCare to my replacement phone.

I checked online and saw it didn't have AppleCare so I came in and asked them why my replacement doesn't have AppleCare and I guess they couldn't find my old AppleCare plan and they just went and started a new one.

It just means the person replacing your phone messed up, and you get to benefit from it because you have an additional year of Applecare ;)

6. kevroc macrumors 6502

I've had this happen. On a replacement they gave me a new start date. I don't think they really care that much. A lot of times they give people without applecare the same type of service as those with applecare just because they try excel at customer service. Don't think of it as "someone messed up", think of it as "wow, these guys have great customer service".

I read another thread on here a couple of days ago where someone broke the screen on their new phone, they took it to the apple store and they swapped it at no charge.