Does AppleCare+ start from the date you preordered, or today?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iSaxon, Sep 19, 2014.

1. iSaxon macrumors 6502a

iSaxon

Sorry if this has been asked, I tried searching but couldn't find the answer.

Thanks!

2. HiRez macrumors 603

HiRez

I don't know for sure, but I don't see how they could possibly make it the date it was preordered, that's ridiculous and probably illegal. You can't be asked to tick the clock on something that isn't even in your hands yet. Some orders will even get bumped back weeks.

I didn't even get the option to add AppleCare+ when ordering through the iPad app so I'm going to have to go into the Apple Store once the chaos dies down and add it...and hope like hell I don't drop it until then.

3. iSaxon thread starter macrumors 6502a

iSaxon

I know two years ago, my brother and I both got the iPhone 5 on release day. I bought mine in store, and he preordered his a week earlier. When it came time to get the 5S, he was eligible to upgrade and I was not. I know AT&T eligibility is from the date you preorder. I was just thinking it may be the same for AppleCare.

4. Azzin macrumors 68040

From the day you get your phone and the normal warranty starts.

5. ringo79 macrumors newbie

Applecare told me that it starts the day the phone was shipped.

6. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

At minimum, your warranty (and AppleCare with it) won't start until at least the phone ships, and more likely when it's actually scheduled for delivery.

You can always check your coverage end date here when you get your phone (and for any other Apple product you own). An if it doesn't jive with what you think it should be, you can contact Apple and let them know.

7. Azzin macrumors 68040

The person was mistaken.

8. iSaxon thread starter macrumors 6502a

iSaxon

I took this to Apple Support chat. The CSR confirmed that the warranty and AppleCare+ will begin today if you preordered and received your phone today. :)

9. Azzin macrumors 68040

Told you. ;)