Does apples bumper scratch the metal band?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by backinblack875, Oct 30, 2011.

1. backinblack875 macrumors 6502a

backinblack875

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

I'm looking into getting a case for my 4s and so far only apples bumper appeals to me, but I've heard it scratches the metal band, does it? Also what are some other good looking cases that aren't bulky or detract from the phones appearance. thanks.

2. davidnyjets macrumors 6502

davidnyjets

It isn't necessarily the Apple bumper itself, but more the dirt and crap that gets trapped between the bumper and band. That stuff ends up scratching the band.

I've been taking mine off every week and just cleaning off everything. No problems so far.

3. hoonu macrumors regular

My bumper scratched the **** out of my old iPhone 4.

4. jasvncnt macrumors 6502

My opinion is grab some of the bumpers off ebay. I have 3 now I got, think I paid about $6 each. Way cheaper and do the same thing. $30 bucks for a piece of rubber is crazy. And yet I bought one when I first got my phone. Didnt last long either. Also, if you use something like clear-coat you can get the full protection so it also does the sides of your phone. No scratching from the bumper. Just my opinion though.

5. wellok macrumors 6502

How much give do the Apple ones have? I have an SGP Ex Hybrid bumper-style case, and it doesn't have a ton of give, but if the Apple ones don't really have a ton either and I'm still likely to get **** under mine then I'm taking it off.