Does Apple's own site crash on your iOS 7 device?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by touchipods, Jan 8, 2014.

?

Does Safari crash on your iOS device with the following Apple link?

1. Yes, it crashes while it is loading or after zooming in/double tap (portrait or landscape)

17 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. No, it is stable using it in portrait or landscape mode

34 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. touchipods macrumors regular

I believe many running iOS 7 will crash the Safari app going to Apple's own site:

http://www.apple.com/iphone-5s/features/

It crashes either when it is loading the website or after it completely loads and try to zoom in/double tap. This page is the ultimate litmus test to see whether Apple finally fixed the JavaScript/Webkit/HTML memory leak in Safari. If it works fine in portrait mode, try using it in landscape and then zoom in/double tap.

iOS 7 consumes too much System RAM (thus leaving low free RAM) and why Safari crashes so much compared to iOS 6. Perhaps 7.1 beta's added more free RAM compared to 7.0.4?

Please state what device you are running and the firmware version.

2. NOTmacbookpro13 macrumors member

3. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Yup this happens to me. I know cuz I'm always looking at Mac cuz I don't got one.

4. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Stable here....although I've had other issues with Safari and IOS7 from time to time....it's not a regular thing and I expect Apple to iron out these bugs in the next update.

5. iArch macrumors regular

iArch

iPad Air on 7.0.4. First time I clicked on the Apple link (in landscape, nothing else running in background, no other tabs active) it blew up Safari pretty much right away - even before very much of the new tab had loaded. To the point where Safari didn't even remember this page upon reopening. Good grief. Tried again a second time in portrait and the new tab opened and loaded.

I haven't a clue what's going on, but these crashes (and the endless reloads) are unacceptable.

6. dannyyankou macrumors 603

dannyyankou

iOS 7 has nothing to do with it, it's just a very big website. I just tried loading it on my iOS 6 device and it crashed before any images started loading.

7. C DM macrumors Westmere

Doesn't seem to crash on iPhone 5 running iOS 7.1 beta 3.

8. KoolAid-Drink macrumors 65816

Working fine on iOS 7.0.4 on my iPhone 5 :confused: it's a bit slow in some areas of the webpage, but no crashes of any kind.

9. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

10. TheRainKing macrumors 6502a

TheRainKing

It crashed on my iPhone 4S with iOS 6

11. navodwickra macrumors 6502

navodwickra

12. nickdylan macrumors regular

Works fine on my iPhone 5 and iPad 4.

Also this:

13. cynics macrumors G3

I thought you were full of it. Loaded the page on my 4S and it was fine. So I started scrolling around and zooming in and out for a minute or so and boom, crashed safari.

iPhone 4S iOS 7.0.4

14. cynics macrumors G3

Since my last post I tried this on my iPad 3, and my friends 5, 5C and iPad 4 and I can make them all crash. Some required a bit more work then others, zooming in and out and scrolling but I can make it happen on all iOS devices I've tested.

Guess it's not a huge deal since I never noticed it but be nice when it's fixed.

15. matttye macrumors 601

No crash here. Phone details in signature.

I pinch zoomed in and out a lot and also double tap zoomed. It's pretty sluggish but no crash.

16. BeeGood macrumors 65816

BeeGood

Wow crashed immediately when I opened it in landscape. 5S running 7.0.4.

I opened it in portrait and seemed to work OK for a while but crashed as I scrolled around.

Good job Apple :)

17. iPodJedi macrumors 6502a

iPodJedi

i have never had apples site crash but safari in general terms crashes a lot on my ipad. Maybe this will be fixed soon. I do notice my ipad slows down on apples site so maybe the site is a little too much for apple devices to handle.

18. fortheus macrumors regular

Crash on my ipad3. Mainly when trying to watch video

19. ls1dreams macrumors 6502

iOS7 has been the crashiest mobile OS I've used in the last 5 years. Safari drops out on me several times a day.

20. touchipods thread starter macrumors regular

Hoping iOS 7.1 fixed Safari crashing issues. How much Free RAM after a reboot with nothing running in the background?

21. sn macrumors 6502

Yeah, just tried it out and crashing for me when I zoom in and scroll around a bit