Does Apple's Pro Apps Need A Facelift?

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by Erastopic, Mar 26, 2015.

1. Erastopic macrumors regular

Erastopic

So Apple's pro apps are in my opinion amazing.

I've used Final Cut Pro for 2 years and Logic for 3 years and they are packed with features and you get the ability to pay once and have them forever compared to Adobe which can become expensive if you need 3 or more apps but anyways.

Yosemite has brought to some a horrific new UI and for others a pretty neat UI revamp, but neither Logic Pro or Final Cut Pro has gotten a face lift. It's not like they need it, I'm totally fine with the way they look right now and both of them play huge roles in professional work for artists, content creators and etc so it makes sense that Apple is careful not to push out a new update based on just a facelift in case of app breaking bugs.

But let's start a discussion here. Do you want Apple to give them a fresh new UI? or do you feel it's pointless when the app is not made to be looked at but to create content of all sorts? Me personally feel it's not necessary, if they can avoid huge bugs by not doing it, I'm fine with it but it still would be interesting to see where Apple would take those Apps in terms of user interface.

iMovie for Yosemite just turned into an all flat interface which looks boring. So I don't want THAT if you know what I mean.

2. Morpheo macrumors 65816

Morpheo

I don't think it's necessary. I like how they look now. I like the dark gray tones, easy on the eyes. As long as they keep updating/upgrading them and don't dumb them down, I'm fine with the UIs... :)