Does AT&T allow a service discount?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Crawn2003, May 20, 2008.

1. Crawn2003 macrumors 6502

I have a question about the service plan from AT&T. I work with a company that offers a discount on rates from AT&T, Verizon, etc.

I know that the iPhone has an exclusive plan unlike the others and was wondering if I would be able to receive the discount.

~Crawn

2. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

AT&T recently included the iPhone in their discount plans. I get 20% off for working where I do, and it now includes my personal iPhone plan.

3. Dandaman macrumors 6502

If you have a family plan and the phone on the main account is not an iphone, you can have the discount.

The rep that helped us out did this for us and I received my first bill with my company discount.

So we got the family plan with my wife's phone as the main account. Received the discount on that phone. Added my iphone at 9.99 then the $20 data plan.

Edit: If what gauchogolfer said is true, I guess that would be better. Not restricted to adding a non-iPhone to the main number.

4. NDimichino macrumors 6502a

NDimichino

5. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

How much of a discount?

6. Dandaman macrumors 6502

I think my company discount is 22% off the service plan. It's not too shabby.

7. circusbass macrumors regular

Did you just have to show your pay check or something? How do you obtain the discount and how do you know what is offered?

8. Dandaman macrumors 6502

Our company has a discount website where I can check what they offer. So I can place an order online if I want to. But there is an At&t store right around the corner from where I live, so I got mine at the store. To show proof of employment, I just showed them my badge from work. I'm guessing a paycheck or business card might work too.

9. saxamoophone macrumors regular

Awesome!

I saw they added some corporate discounts in a few months ago, but I couldn't find anywhere if my 20% (or whatever it is) discount would remain valid.

Now if only the 3g baby would come out ;)

10. mtfield macrumors 6502

My company offers 10% off the monthly bill and then 20% off new phones and accessories. So if they are taking discounts now, and just for debate sake, say at&t subsidizes the next iphone... does this mean i can get 20% off the already subsidized price by just showing my company ID? My at&t page says that i am eligible for an update so that isn't a problem..

11. rogersmj macrumors 68020

rogersmj

What the HELL. I just wrote to my company's AT&T rep a couple weeks ago and he flat out denied any possibility of a FAN discount on our account. I have an iPhone and my wife has an old Motorola, and although I'm supposed to get 15% off the whole plan and my wife's line is supposed to be $9.99 (not $20), he wouldn't do anything for me, saying that any account with an iPhone isn't eligible for company discounts.

What do I do?

12. Le Big Mac macrumors 68020

Le Big Mac

Unlikely for two reasons. First off, the corporate discounts on phones are often illusory--the discounted price is less, and then discounted again so that the bottom-line price is the same either way. Second, Apple will probably not allow discounted iPhones beyond whatever subsidy there is. The plan is another question, though. (I haven't checked in last couple of weeks, but before that the iPhone plan was not discounted even though we get 15% off otherwise).

13. saxamoophone macrumors regular

https://www.wireless.att.com/business/enrollment/?_requestid=82544

Type in your work email, respond to an email from AT&T, wait a month.

14. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

Oh...

Nevermind...

15. StoneGaijin macrumors regular

I have a Corp Fan # and my discount applies. It was from over a year ago when I worked for AT&T. I can assure you, that even though I left the company, the Corp Discount still applies.

:)

16. Scooterman1 macrumors 6502a

Scooterman1

3 lines saves $10.00 over iPhones alone.

I have a Govt. Corporate Fan #. I retired, but the discount still applies. As stated above though, the discount DOES NOT apply to the iPhones. However, as stated above, if you place a regular phone as the Primary account on a Family Plan, the discount applies to the Family Plan. Then the additional $9.99 for each additional phone, plus $20.00 for each iPhone Data plan.
    It is kind of stupid, but I have 2 iPhones plus 1 Smartphone (without Data plan). The 2 iPhones alone would cost $129 for the 1400 minute Family Plan. However, with a regular phone and 1400 minutes, it is $80.00 minus 25% discount for the primary plan. So, $60.00 for primary at 1400 minutes, plus 2 iPhones at $9.99 each plus $20.00 each for the Data plans on the 2 iPhones. Bottom line, I save $10.00 by having a phone that I don't use on my Primary number. 3 lines total instead of 2 iPhones to save $10.00.

17. rogersmj macrumors 68020

rogersmj

^ Heh, that's pretty good :)

I'll write to my rep again and tell him to stop being an unhelpful prick and to switch my wife's line to the primary so we can have the discount.