Carrier Does AT&T Next require Mobile Share plans

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by WRXHokie, Sep 8, 2016.

1. WRXHokie macrumors regular

WRXHokie

I know this isn't the best place to ask this, but I trust this forum. I have one of the grandfathered plans with a set number of minutes... I've been using 2 year contracts for new phones, but thats long gone. Has anyone tried to do AT&T next without a mobile share plan? Is it required? I haven't seen an answer online anywhere.

2. Peter K. macrumors 6502a

Peter K.

It isn't required, but you will be missing out on the $25 ($20 now?) per month discount on the line access charge. But keeping your grandfathered plan may be worth it.

3. HiItsMe macrumors 6502

Next is just the payment plan for the phone. You can couple it with any service plan old or new. However, unless your grandfathered plan is the Unlimited Data plan, it might be worth doing the math to see if switching to a Mobile Share Plan is cheaper for your needs.

4. WRXHokie thread starter macrumors regular

WRXHokie

Good to know.... yeah i have unlimited. Not sure if i want to switch off yet. I'm only using 5GB per month so i'm seriously considering dumping it because i'd save almost 40 bucks a month.

Either way, its good to know its a choice i won't have to make tonight. Thanks guys!