Does AT&T process iPhone orders placed on Apple's website?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by badlydrawnboy, Jun 16, 2010.

1. badlydrawnboy macrumors 65816

So this morning I get an email from the fraud detection department of my credit card company and from AT&T. The fraud detection group placed a hold on my credit card due to "suspicious activity" yesterday, and the AT&T email said they couldn't process my payment.

Strange thing is, I didn't order my iPhone from AT&T. I ordered it from Apple. I did TRY to order it several times from AT&T's site throughout the day, but it never even came close to going through. At least I don't think it did.

The Apple order definitely went through and I got an email confirmation. Question is, does AT&T process those orders? Seems weird that they would, but I can't figure out what's going on here.

2. CJayC macrumors 6502

Let me turn into Randall Stephenson so I can know that for you.

3. badlydrawnboy thread starter macrumors 65816

Okay, just talked to fraud protection. Turns out one of those attempts with AT&T must have gone through, because they tried to charge my card. Apple also charged my card. I decided to approve Apple's charge and deny AT&T. He. I trust Apple more than AT&T to get me the phone when they say they will after yesterday's debacle.