does AT&T use KB or MB for data on their bills?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bina12834, Oct 20, 2010.

1. bina12834 macrumors regular

i was looking at past bills online to see if i could save a few bucks and switch to the 2GB data plan from my unlimited and i cant figure out whether the number they give is in KB or MB. it says 302,485 but it doesnt say KB or MB after it. i know there are ~1,000,000KB in 1GB and ~1,000MB in 1GB. If its showing in KB then im not using nearly as much data as i think, and if its showing in MB then im using waaaay more data than i thought. lol. I think im just not using as much data as i think and its showing in KB's on the bill, but i just want to make sure.

2. dim1014 macrumors newbie

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that its KB, because there is no way you or anyone else is using that much data, even if you download constantly. Even the biggest power users I have heard of use sub ~10 GB.

3. sdmcwilliams macrumors member

sdmcwilliams

If you go to your latest bill it will show Subtotal of KB's. It is KB not MB. If you use their iPhone app and log in you can see it in MB.

4. bina12834 thread starter macrumors regular

i figured i wasnt using that much data. guess its worth it to save the $5/month since im coming nowhere close to even 1GB. Thanks guys!!

5. crazytiger86 macrumors 6502

You can always dial *3282# to find out how much data you are using. 1000 mb = 1 gb

6. deeddawg macrumors 604

Just remember it's a one-way street -- if you drop the unlimited, you supposedly can't go back. My usage is regularly well below 2GB but to me its worth the $5/mo not having to ever think about my data usage.

I'm sure some clever folks have worked around that, but it's safe to say that as more and more mobile/cloud stuff comes out, data usage is unlikely to do anything but go up. Especially so if you forsee yourself doing stuff like Netflix, Hulu, video calling, Pandora, or any of the other audio/video streaming applications.

7. ToroidalZeus macrumors 68020

ToroidalZeus

I agree.

I would hate having to constantly check to my data.

Today I streamed Apples Back to the Mac event and I used almost 500MB of data.