Does atomic browser drain your battery quickly?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by adnoh, Dec 1, 2010.

?

Does atomic browser drain your battery faster than safari?

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  2. No

17 vote(s)
    85.0%
  1. adnoh macrumors 6502a

adnoh

2. jallenclark macrumors regular

I haven't noticed it draining my battery faster than normal. I love it with the 3 finger swiping.

Do you mean over safari?

or Do you mean since 4.2?

3. BlackMax macrumors 6502a

BlackMax

You need another option such as "Haven't noticed a difference".

I've used the Atomic browser since I purchased my iPad and I have not noticed a different with the battery consumption between it and Safari.

4. jallenclark macrumors regular

Agree, I have used atomic for a long time and didn't notice any change with 4.2. My iPad far outlasts my needs.

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

6. Kobra macrumors regular

Kobra

Haven't noticed it :confused: I do like the finger gestures though :)

7. juliuspierpont macrumors member

Another vote for "no difference." And for the tabs and touch gestures, I'd use it anyway.

8. Wozza2010 macrumors member

Hi. Im wondering whats the difference between the free and paid for versions?

Cheers.

9. rockinred macrumors member

I noticed a pretty big difference on battery life on my iPad. I switched back to Safari and noticed a longer lasting battery. I workout in my gym at the house and browse the web while having the iPad hooked up playing music to stereo. I do it on a daily basis for roughly the same amount of time. With Atomic my battery was dropping it down to the mid 70's% during that time and when using the Safari, it would stay in the mid 80's%. I switched back and the Safari kept it in the 80's once again.

I liked the atomic interface better than Safari, mainly the tab usage and finger swiping along with the hot key buttons on the bottom. After 4.2 install the Safari, now has the number of open windows displayed which has helped me with the tab issue that I really liked on the Atomic browser for. I still have Atomic, but I value my battery life later in the day, so I will have to stick with the Safari for now. My assessment was pretty accurate due to the consistency of my pattern and usage when comparing. I did this for a long period of time too. It took me a while to realize why the battery all of sudden had less life.