Does ATT Open the iPhones In Store to Activate Them?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DocDoom, Jun 21, 2009.

1. DocDoom macrumors regular

Does Att open the iPhones in store in order to activate them? Iv read that they just scan a barcode on the box, and dont open them? is this true? Do they do this at All ATT stores?

2. Carlos E macrumors 6502

Carlos E

They open the box and activate them in store. At the Apple Store they were connecting them to iTunes for you so you walk out of the store with a working phone.

3. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

Apple store at Aspen Grove in Littleton Colorado only scanned the bar code and didn't open the box for anyone.

4. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

If you don't want them to open it you can ask them, I asked the AT&T store to not open mine and they thanked me for making their job easy.

5. DocDoom thread starter macrumors regular

Cool, so did they just scan the barcode on the boX?

6. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

They did with mine. They didn't know this, but I was on my way to work so I needed them to.

7. Carlos E macrumors 6502

Carlos E

They opened them at the Apple Stores in NYC.

8. midget macrumors member

they wont open if you request them not to, and tell them you know how to activate it at home on iTunes, worked for me

9. mlkeller macrumors member

Depends on the store...got wife's at one Apple store yesterday and they had to activate on iTunes even when we asked them not to (in fact, guy seemed shocked that we didn't have to with our 3G last year), but today at different Apple store for mine they just handed me the unopened box and let me take it home...

10. sal macrumors 6502

Makes no sense why they wouldn't. Those who had the iPhone shipped have a sealed box and have to activate the phone themselves