Does B&H Photos match Apple's shipping timeframe 1st week of availability?

wlow3

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 9, 2008
I pre-ordered the Apple Watch Series 4 with B&H Photo Friday at 3:01 am, and there is a chance that I may be out of town next Saturday, so I was wondering whether there is anyone out there who has pre-ordered an item from B&H Photo and can say whether B&H Photos was able to match Apple's shipping timeframe (send out a shipping notification by Monday and have the item delivered that Friday). Are resellers like Big Buy or AT&T hampered in any way typically in matching Apple's shipping schedule the first week of product availability?

Avenger

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2007
I pre-ordered the Apple Watch Series 4 with B&H Photo Friday at 3:01 am, and there is a chance that I may be out of town next Saturday, so I was wondering whether there is anyone out there who has pre-ordered an item from B&H Photo and can say whether B&H Photos was able to match Apple's shipping timeframe (send out a shipping notification by Monday and have the item delivered that Friday). Are resellers like Big Buy or AT&T hampered in any way typically in matching Apple's shipping schedule the first week of product availability?
Shipping notification for other dealers esides apple will come later in the week because Apple usually ships from China. The others don’t need that lead time.

wlow3

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 9, 2008
I hope so. That where I ordered to avoid sales tax.
Looks like not. Even though my order was “processed” today, I called them and they said the order, which I placed on Friday at 3:01 am, was on backorder and will not ship till October 1st. Ugh.

So the lesson is, do not bother preordering from B&H if you expect their ship timeframe to be anywhere near Apple's.

smckenna3

macrumors newbie
Jul 14, 2008
Did they charge your card?

TypeMRT

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2007
Looks like not. Even though my order was “processed” today, I called them and they said the order, which I placed on Friday at 3:01 am, was on backorder and will not ship till October 1st. Ugh.

So the lesson is, do not bother preordering from B&H if you expect their ship timeframe to be anywhere near Apple's.
I ordered the Nike model which even Apple said won’t arrive until 10/5.
The delay on the Nike models seems artificial, so I’m hoping B&H will have the same lead time as Apple on them.

wlow3

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 9, 2008
Yes, I was charged, which I’ve never had happened before an item being shipped. They are currently observing an eleven day holiday, so they are closed till Oct. 3rd, so I can’t even contact them. So it seems unlikely anyone will receive delivery before Friday, October 5 - a full two weeks after Apple’s 3:00 am pre-order deliveries arrived. Even as recently as yesterday Best Buy was promising shipments this Monday (though today it’s slipped to Sept. 28). And now B&H states something to the effect of “delivering in limited quantities” so who knows how long they can string this out. I think it’s a tad scammy to have a 3:00 am preorder for an item you don’t intend to ship for a couple of weeks and maybe can’t ship in quantities for a long time. My Apple Pay time stamp for the purchase was 3:01 am, they’ve charged my card, and they still can’t ship me one yet. Why even offer a pre sale? I understand the marketing but aren’t they just disappointing customers with this practice?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.