Does back to school program apply to mac mini?

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by dndandrea, Jun 13, 2011.

1. dndandrea macrumors 6502

I know it hasnt started yet, but in the years of the past does the mac mini count as part of the back to school program to get a free ipod touch or is it only the imacs and macbook pros?

2. GGJstudios, Jun 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2011

GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

In the past, it has not included the mini.
    From: http://www.apple.com/promo/pdf/BackToSchool_TermsConditions_US_2010.pdf

3. dndandrea thread starter macrumors 6502

mac mini: $649
    imac: $1049

i mine as well just add $400 to get a imac and then sell the ipod for $200. pay $200 more than the mac mini for a lot more power, and a screen, and a mouse, and a keyboard, and probably a better resale value/chance

4. Minicube macrumors regular

I think it's odd that poor students aren't offered Apple's least expensive computer at a discount for back to school. But I guess most kids want/need a laptop anyway.

5. Bear macrumors G3

They can get a student discount on the Mini, they just can't get the free iPod.

Also, in truth, a Mini + keyboard + mouse + screen... well you may as well buy a MacBook or iMac.

6. lvlarkkoenen macrumors regular

I was thinking the same thing, more or less. The rumored iTunes gift card, though, would be $100 less. This way, btw, it's easier for Apple to offer scaled down BTS gifts for Mini's as I think they should be doing.