Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dndandrea

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 10, 2010
I know it hasnt started yet, but in the years of the past does the mac mini count as part of the back to school program to get a free ipod touch or is it only the imacs and macbook pros?

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
In the past, it has not included the mini.
PRODUCT ELIGIBILITY: Only the following Apple Computers qualify for this promotion: iMac, MacBook, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, and Mac Pro (“Apple Computers”). Configure-to-order versions of these Apple Computers qualify for this offer. Refurbished Apple Computers do not qualify. Mac mini does not qualify.
From: http://www.apple.com/promo/pdf/BackToSchool_TermsConditions_US_2010.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:

dndandrea

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 10, 2010
mac mini: $649
imac: $1049

i mine as well just add $400 to get a imac and then sell the ipod for $200. pay $200 more than the mac mini for a lot more power, and a screen, and a mouse, and a keyboard, and probably a better resale value/chance

Minicube

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2011
I think it's odd that poor students aren't offered Apple's least expensive computer at a discount for back to school. But I guess most kids want/need a laptop anyway.

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
I think it's odd that poor students aren't offered Apple's least expensive computer at a discount for back to school. But I guess most kids want/need a laptop anyway.
They can get a student discount on the Mini, they just can't get the free iPod.

Also, in truth, a Mini + keyboard + mouse + screen... well you may as well buy a MacBook or iMac.

lvlarkkoenen

macrumors regular
Apr 21, 2011
Utrecht, NL
mac mini: $649
imac: $1049

i mine as well just add $400 to get a imac and then sell the ipod for $200. pay $200 more than the mac mini for a lot more power, and a screen, and a mouse, and a keyboard, and probably a better resale value/chance

I was thinking the same thing, more or less. The rumored iTunes gift card, though, would be $100 less. This way, btw, it's easier for Apple to offer scaled down BTS gifts for Mini's as I think they should be doing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.