Does battery get better after a few days?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by ki2594, May 22, 2015.

1. ki2594 macrumors 6502a

Just got my AW yesterday (38mm sport). Yesterday I had a long day and didn't fully top it off out of the box. Charged fully over night and the device is now at 78% this afternoon after 1 hour 6 minutes of usage and 4 1/2 hours of standby. I haven't done anything crazy. Look at my message notifications and play around with it just a little bit but again, nothing extravagant. Any ideas if this is normal? Thanks!

PS. I did have prominent haptic on but I just turned it off to see if it makes a difference. I want to assume that alone isn't causing such a drain.

2. techno-Zen macrumors 6502

That's on par for over 20 hours.. what's the problem?

3. twisted-pixel macrumors 6502a

twisted-pixel

considering Apple claim 18 hours of battery life, its the afternoon and you have 78% left....thats pretty good don't you think?

4. spiderman0616 macrumors 68030

spiderman0616

After a couple of 30 minute workouts every day and doing almost everything on my Watch rather than my phone (answering texts and calls, dealing with notifications, etc.) I have never seen my watch's battery go below 20%, and that's after taking it off the charger at 6 am and wearing it until 11 pm.

5. ki2594 thread starter macrumors 6502a

So that actual usage number isn't so low then? I guess I wasn't really thinking in terms of standby though I know that's what they mean by 'all day'. Was just more concerned with the usage number. Don't mean to sound like a paranoid consumer or anything! New to having a wearable like this so not sure what to expect.

6. papbot macrumors 6502

I rarely go below 40% in a day. However with a new device you're going to be "tinkering" a lot at first so the battery will drop fairly quickly at first. The prominent haptic won't affect anything, I've had it set that way since I got mine. Give yourself a couple of weeks to get use to having it, you'll be "tinkering" less and you should be pleased over all with battery life.

7. Crazy Matt macrumors 6502

Crazy Matt

Sounds right to me! I'm at 81% right now and usually take it off around 11pm with around 50% remaining. Your fine.

8. ki2594 thread starter macrumors 6502a

9. crispApple macrumors regular

crispApple

10. ki2594 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yep, right when I got it.

11. DavidLynch macrumors 6502a

I've never dropped below 55% in a full days use.

12. bh85 macrumors regular

bh85

I wonder if certain watchfaces use more battery? You can see which one I use under post your watch pictures. Mine is really good. Right now its 2:30pm and I put in on my wrist at 7am. Thats 7.5 hours of use and I have 75% left. Mine is 42mm. I got text notifications, email notifications, I played with some watchfaces, installed a new app for tracking shipping, check weather, news, scores, passbook. So Its doing really good.

13. foxkoneko macrumors 6502

Yesterday was the first time my watch even got down to 10% after putting on at 6am and taking off at 2am next day. One hour+ workout in there too