Does best Buy offer Student Discount for MBA?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by kjay80, Oct 15, 2012.

1. kjay80 macrumors regular

I would like to get a MBA 13inch base model.
    Anyone know if BB still offers a student discount?

2. kjay80 thread starter macrumors regular

Is this deal still going on?
    I cant find it on BB website...

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Call your local store. It's the best way to get a definitive answer.

4. Orderbychaos macrumors newbie

Orderbychaos

I was told That The Student Discount was over because it was a "Back to School" Promotion. But I received Student Pricing Through apple It did not Reduce the Price but they did Give me a $100 dollar gift card!!!!

5. JeffiJers macrumors 6502a

yeah they do buy they as a bunch of scum liars.. buy it from an apple store.

i wanted to return a MBA to them i bought in order to get one with more memory and since they cant get a mba with 8gb ram they stood there and told me if i return it i lose my student discount. Called apple on the spot and they said that is untrue and to head over to the apple store as soon as i make the return to bestbuy

6. SoIsays macrumors regular

your story doesn't sound right or complete. best buy probably told you that you would lose the best buy student discount. that's perfectly in best buy's right to do that--and probly in their terms and conditions--because of wishy washy buyers that change their minds too often--returning products actually costs best buy money--someone has to do the job of processing returns and repacking, right?

so, in summary, you probably mis-heard best buy saying you lose their student discount as you losing both best buy and apple student discount.

7. JeffiJers macrumors 6502a

incomplete story? wishy washy buyer? Right pal..

This is my frist Apple product and i went in there looking for a solid quality Ultrabook, they persuaded me into purchasing a MBA since its the "best" ultrabook on the market.. and install a VM for window. Well, they didnt tell me that the ram wasn't enough and its not upgradeable. And BBY doesnt offer any 8gb airs. They said i would look the students discount completely in order to save a sale. It was not "misheard", i asked about that soley on the point of purchasing directly from apple

There is the rest of my story. :p

Coming from a Windows guy, using a galaxy nexus phone... i had a great experience in the apple store! The girl even gave me a free 100$ bag on top of my student discount. So bc of that I dont see any reason to buy anywhere else.

8. kjay80 thread starter macrumors regular

anyone knows when bb offers a student discount again, except summer?

9. wolfpuppies3 macrumors 6502

Consistently, the moral to the story always has been to simply purchase from apple.com or the Apple store. Avoid the few resellers out there that dabble in a few Apple products and know little or nothing about them. Deal with Apple for exactly what you wish and good, experienced guidance about your choices.