Does Bestbuy do Game Trade-ins?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by JasonZ10, Jul 25, 2010.

1. JasonZ10 macrumors newbie

Hey Macrumors, I'm from Canada and I'm taking a trip to the USA soon, and I'm just wondering if the Bestbuy's in the US do used video game tradeins, because I am probably gonna buy some stuff from there because of the cheaper prices.

2. Mexbearpig macrumors 65816

Mexbearpig

Unfortunately they do not Well I guess they do. I had no idea. But Gamestop is a game store and they buy used games. But they usually offer pretty low prices on your games...

3. tunerX Suspended

tunerX

4. 184550 Guest

The Best Buy closest to me in NC does do game trade ins in store (as of June at least). As well as many other 'small' electronics (cameras, iPods, laptops, etc...). I suspect that this procedure varies by store though as their website says otherwise.

5. thatoneguy92088 macrumors member

I was in a Gamespot in Arizona and the people in front of me were Canadian (Close to a University) and were trying to trade in games. The clerk asked for ID and when they gave him their Canadian ID, he wouldn't take it and said they had to have an American ID to trade in games. I don't know if that is a Gamespot rule, Arizona law or what. YMMV

6. tunerX Suspended

tunerX

I believe that is called being a douche of a clerk.

When I was in the military I tried to use my Mil ID to buy beer in Michigan. The guy said it had to be a drivers license. I tossed the money on the counter and walked out with the beer. Told him to keep the change.