Does BestBuy sell unsubsidized iphones?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sako94, Mar 26, 2010.

1. sako94 macrumors regular

OR only the Apple Store?
    If i buy unsubsidized from either do i need an at&t plan or can i just buy the iphones but there locked into At&t

im thinking of buying a couple of them and selling
    i am an at&t member but will that renew my upgrade or i can just buy nothing to do with my line

2. Bawstun macrumors 65816

Bawstun

You can buy them full price locked into AT&T.

3. farmermac macrumors 6502a

The best buy near my house won't sell them unless you have an AT&T account, even at full price. I went to another one today and they had no issues selling me one...But there is no unlock yet for 3.1.3 so I don't want to pay $700 for an ipod.

4. labman macrumors 604

labman

my Lord

you can buy non contract 3GS anywhere even AT&T current price $599 16GB $699 32GB except Radio Shack they are gonna be $5 cheaper! :rolleyes: but you are still locked to AT&T just no contract unless you JB and unlock then you can go T-mobile and there is no JB or unlock for current 3.1.3 I think I covered everything! btw prices are falling on the 3GS since the new model is expected in a couple months check ebay watch a few auctions!

5. farmermac macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the clariFication. I was fully ready to plop down $700 for a 32gb today but the guy couldn't confirm what firmware the phone had. Can't check by serial number and wouldn't open it.