Does BiteSMS and Winterboard play friendly with iPad 2?

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by Mikhailov, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Mikhailov macrumors regular

Bite SMS seemed to work....ok....in iPad 2. Even seemed universal, but I tried to change the icon through Winterboard, and Winterboard just seems like a complete mess in iPad 2. It glitches up the whole system forcing a respiring, and then my icons are all over the place and need to be replaced where I like them.

Is there a fix that anyone knows of for Winterboard? I went back to stock messages and uninstalled both programs for now. I know I could just change the Bite SMS icon through SSH but it doesn't change the notification center icon. Just the main one.

Anyone else run into these issues? I'm using 5.0.1 naturally.

2. Mac.World macrumors 68000

Mac.World

I ran into similar issues. The jailbreak for the A4 chip is solid, but this new A5 one is still very much a beta. Tread carefully in what you do. Mobile substrate will hopefully kick in when you mess up to badly and stick you in safe mode, but you need to be cautious in what you manipulate for the time being.

By the way, I am utilizing an ipad ios5 friendly theme to change my icons. You may want to look into doing that, vice individual icon replacement or manipulation.

3. Thedeathbear macrumors 6502a

Do you want the bitesms icon to be the green messages icon? Bitesms has that option in its setting now.

4. Mikhailov, Jan 21, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2012

Mikhailov thread starter macrumors regular

Nah I wanted it to be the pink SMS icon. I think in Cydia it's called Bite SMS to Pink SMS icon. I enclosed a picture of the icon.

I think I may just SSH it in for now until Winterboard seems more stable for iPad 2...or just make it look like the green "Messages" icon on the iPad.

[​IMG]
    I like this image so much better though.

Glad to know it's not just me though.

5. Thedeathbear macrumors 6502a

That is a pretty nice one, but anything is really better than the stock icon for bitesms

6. Mikhailov thread starter macrumors regular

I know. The default still shows up in notification center and it drives me nuts.