Does BiteSMS eat battery?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by thadoggfather, Aug 23, 2010.

1. thadoggfather Suspended

thadoggfather

A lot more than without it? Just curious. . .

2. mokeiko macrumors 6502

3. LiveFreeDie macrumors regular

Does iLock eat the battery more then without it?

Figured i'd ask a similar question in your thread instead of making a new one.

4. TMar macrumors 68000

TMar

What is it with you people and your battery life? Things that sit quietly in the background or on the lock screen don't have much of any effect on your battery.

5. thadoggfather thread starter Suspended

thadoggfather

Battery life is important for a mobile device.

I'm not going to jump off a building if something eats battery more than stock, I'd just like to know if it's a hog.

Just like you wouldn't like your MBP if it had the battery life it does as if you're doing video encodes 100% of the time in the background...

6. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

Whether an app is running, in the foreground or background, it's using the battery. Kind of obvious. And what defines a 'battery hog' and how would anyone know if biteSMS uses more battery than stock? Does biteSMS run in the background? If you found out it does, would you stop using it? It's no different than telling the native Mail app to check for mail every x minutes. Something has to be running to do this check. Same for lock screen info, a weather app that shows the current temp in a bubble, etc. biteSMS uses Activator, as do a number of apps. My guess is Activator is running all the time in order to be able to intercept screen activity and take the appropriate action, if any.

7. sidewinder macrumors 68020

sidewinder

8. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

Once again, try actually reading the thread.

I don't care if biteSMS uses more battery, or if it runs in the background, the OP does. :rolleyes:

9. fsck-y dingo macrumors 65816

fsck-y dingo

It doesn't cause any noticeable drain to the battery. If it's something you're interested in using you won't have to worry about that.

10. sidewinder macrumors 68020

sidewinder

I was trying to give you a way to make an educated guess instead of a SWAG....

S-

11. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

Thank you.

12. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

No, I do not experience any noticeable difference and BiteSMS is basically the only JB app I have installed.

13. atiffarooq macrumors 6502

atiffarooq

No unexpected battery loss here. Just a brilliant app which Apple could learn to look at to improve their own feeble attempt!

14. Solange82200 macrumors regular

Not sure if it makes a difference, but I dont think Bite SMS uses Activator, I have Bite but not Activator installed, as far as I know...

15. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

You're right. Thanks.

16. thadoggfather thread starter Suspended

thadoggfather

Any updates? Nobody else is experiencing battery issues?