Does bootcamp work on Crucial M225 SSD's on 2010 MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by killerbee79, Jun 23, 2010.

1. killerbee79 macrumors member

So I've read about how bootcamp isn't working on some SSD manufacturers. People will partition the SSD ok and install Windows but upon boot they get stuck on the gray screen forever. Windows won't boot.

I'm curious if anyone who has a Crucial M225 SSD installed in their 2010 MBP (maybe late 2009) have tried installing Windows via Bootcamp with success.

If you have then instead of going the route of using Apple's SSD I'm going to get a 256GB Crucial M225 as they are cheaper and I know it has garbage collection which is a must for me.

Please if you comment don't turn this into a "get an Intel drive instead" or "get this drive instead". That is not what I'm asking and don't want this thread to turn into something like that. It seems all SSD threads turn into that and gets away from the whole point of the thread.

I've already MROOGLE'd and could find anything on this question.

2. twitchgreen macrumors newbie

No matter what I did...I couldn't get BootCamp to work on my late 09 MBP 13" unibody. I ended up using Parallels.

3. killerbee79 thread starter macrumors member

I was afraid I might get a response like that. Darn.

That was with your Crucial C300? That uses a Micron designed controller with a Marvell chip so maybe I'll still be good as the M225 uses the Indilinx controller. :) (wishful thinking here)

Maybe someone else will see this thread and tell me their M225 worked great. (wishful thinking again) :eek: