iPad does buying a new product include the app across platforms

Discussion in 'iPad' started by isephmusic, Oct 22, 2013.

1. isephmusic macrumors 6502

very important question. i will either buy an iPad or upgrade my macbook. since the new 15inch macbook pros no longer have a graphics card in it most likely i will buy an iPad air. now, i want the included iWork and ilife apps that come with it (garageband, pages, numbers, ect) once i have those, can i sign into my apple ID and just get them on my macbook ? does anyone know if that will work ?

also does selling the late 2012 model of macbook pro 15 inch for the new retina 13 has well make sense ? how does that iris graphics compare to the gtx 650m

2. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

I would be surprised if you got them across the board. IOS and OS X are different downloads of the apps. You would probably get the one for the device you are buying only.

3. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

This is correct. I bought Pages on my iPad and was able to download it for my iPhone. However, if I want it on my Mac I have to buy it from the Mac App store.

4. isephmusic thread starter macrumors 6502

what do u guys think about iPad air vs mini. i can't believe they have the same exact specs aside screen size. i was going for an iPad mini because i wanted portability but with the new iPad full screen design it seems like it would be just the same to carry it weight wise. I'm so tired of holding up my 15 inch macbook pro on my lap at night just to watch youtube.... i used to DJ with this laptop but not anymore.

should i just switch it out for a retina 13 inch + iPad air ?

5. ActionableMango macrumors 604

ActionableMango

Until we know memory sizes, we don't know they have the exact same specs.