Does changing a sim card ever fix anything?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by djrobsd, Apr 10, 2010.

1. djrobsd macrumors 6502a

Seems to be one of AT&T default troubleshooting steps for dropped calls... Anyone ever see that work?

I got a Microcell today and my phone is still dropping calls, so I guess it's worth a shot...

2. AbSoluTc macrumors 601

AbSoluTc

Call AT&T and tell them to fix the Microcell. It's a known issue. It's not your phone.

3. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

Of course it does: it will solveany problem caused by a faulty SIM card. Of course, if the problem isnot your SIM it won't fix your problem. But the only way to find out is to try it.

4. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

Holding your phone while spinning 3 times with left leg up helps, too.

If you don't believe me, try it. It's the only way to find out.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I thought you were supposed to say "bloody Mary" during the spins:D

6. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

I don't know about other products, but it fixed a problem I had on a Motorola Razr about 5 years ago. It's a cheap attempt at fixing something and isn't complicated, so it's often done. Same kinda deal as power-cycling anything electronic.

7. djrobsd thread starter macrumors 6502a

Could you elaborate further? I did call them and the guy said to go get the sim replaced. He sounded like a first level rep though so maybe i need to escalate it? ;)

8. AbSoluTc macrumors 601

AbSoluTc

Check over the last few pages of this thread - http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=790477

Might help you out. If not, check the AT&T forums. Lots of info there. Some people have had bad Mcells. Others needed updates. Some were fixed by changing how they were hooked up (modem, then mcell, then router) etc.

9. jpetticrew macrumors 6502a

jpetticrew

I had my sim replaced by AT&T and it greatly improved my data speeds and signal quality. It's free, so you have nothing to lose, might as well give it a shot.