Does choosing wired keyboard delay shipping?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by UK Fred, Nov 28, 2012.

1. UK Fred macrumors newbie

Hi
    Long time lurker, first time poster. Not had any sage words to add or good questions to ask so I kept quiet.

However, about to push the 'buy' button (or at least order button) on a basic 27'' iMac with no extras.
    However, really want a wired keyboard as I need the numeric keypad.

Question now is:
    Will adding a wired keyboard instead of a wireless change the shipping times?
    Is this technically a BTO iMac for which the consensus seems to be that shipping will be more delayed than bog standard 'off the shelf'.

I know I COULD buy second, wired keyboard but I really don't fancy spending another 40 quid!

Ta

2. kaelell macrumors 6502

sorry I dont have an answer for you, but in relation to your question I recall a pleasant experience myself with Apple staff. when I bought my iMac in store (black friday few years ago) I wanted the wired keyboard instead of the wireless and questioned why I couldn't do this in store,

The Apple staff member informed me this was a BTO option only and I had to do it online, but then winked and said " but if your really really angry about that....." paused and waited for me to respond "yes I am"

he then went and got a wired keyboard for free in addition of the wireless in the box.

3. FuriousGreg macrumors member

It shouldn't add any time if your ordering it online as it's my understanding that they come directly from the factory and are boxed as the orders come in.

4. Siderz macrumors 6502a

Damn, that's lucky!

I'm in the same situation as the OP; want a wired keyboard.

I already have the short wired keyboard and love it, I also have te wireless one and, well, it's not that special. I'd rather get another wired one before they stop doing them. The USB ports on the sides are really handy.

5. azentropy macrumors 68000

azentropy

Similar happened to me. He said we could swap that out and he rang up the wired keyboard at zero and went to the back to get the iMac. I thought he was taking out the wireless, but when I got home it was still in there.