Does Chronus Even Work Anymore?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Mystikal, Oct 10, 2010.

1. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

Was just wondering if anyone has had any luck with Chronus. When I email my backups they only come through as the date with no files.

Has anyone made an alternative to this thing since its so out of date?

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

I don't its worked since iOS 3.0. Use PKGbackup now.

3. Mystikal thread starter macrumors 68020

Mystikal

Does PkgBackup backup game saves I mean? I know it backs up JB apps but did he update it to work with game saves?

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Pkgbackup doesn’t backup game saves. However, Chronus still works, it just doesn’t allow you to email (like you said it only gives a dated text). I’ve used it recently to restore app data.

5. PhantomZone macrumors 6502

no...if you buy the game, Apple will back up the saves with your sync...

PkgBackup just saves a list of your installed JB apps and layout if you use Categories....it also saves user added repos,

6. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Huh? Apple doesn’t backup JB apps.

7. Mystikal thread starter macrumors 68020

Mystikal

Thats what I thought. Then how do i restore data? Where do the files go when I restore? Are they saved within chronus itself which is saved in PkgBackup?

8. PhantomZone macrumors 6502

correct....before I continue any further, what legit JB games are there out there?

9. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Pkgbackup only saves a listing of what programs you installed, and then when you start Pkgbackup it gets that list and installs the programs. None of the app data comes from using Pkgbackup.

You restore data by copying the Chronus saves of app data. This is in /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/TimeCapsule

You copy everything from the TimeCapsule directory, and then if you ever restore, you install Chronus and then install that directory. I’ve never had to do this, mind you, but it should work fine. I’ve only used Chronus to restore app settings for apps that got overwritten for whatever reason.

There are legit games in Cydia, but I’ve never got any, so I’m not the one to ask if they’re any good.