Does College Discount apply for refurbished items?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by dacucc, Aug 24, 2008.

1. dacucc macrumors newbie

Do college discounts apply for refurbished items

also are college discounts all year

as well as do they have refurbished items at all apple stores

2. mgridgaway macrumors 6502

mgridgaway

Unfortunately, college discounts do not apply to refurbished items as far as I know. Education discounts are year round, but sometimes they offer special incentives (i.e. the free ipod touch you can get now).

3. SDLSteve macrumors 6502

4. ttech10 macrumors 6502

Well our university does a thing where if you show the store your student ID card when you buy your Apple you get Mobile Me and iWork 08 for free.

5. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

No, I don't believe that the educational discount applies to refurbished items; I imagine that the reason for this is that two discounts would then apply - and Apple will tend to apply only one at a time. However, the refurb discount tends to be pretty generous, in my experience, better than the educational discount (unless you include the additional incentives sometimes added on, such as the iPod Touch). The educational discounts apply all year, but, as buddyguyman points out, additional special incentives do exist at certain times of year (the obvious one being just before school/college starts a fresh term/academic year). Good luck and cheers.