Does Dell Duo compare with an iPad...?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by TheWheelMan, Mar 31, 2011.

1. TheWheelMan macrumors 6502a

Mar 15, 2011
    Or is it an entirely different animal? Just wondering what people thought about this hybrid notebook/tablet device. I haven't seen in mentioned here before, but if it has been already, my apologies in advance. I was watching a bit of the presentation on QVC earlier, and thought it interesting, though I still love and prefer my iPad.

Dell Duo
  2. flht macrumors newbie

Mar 27, 2011
    No 4 letter words allowed. Unfortunately you're just in the wrong forum for that question. Somebody else approached it differently and got a few responses in another thread....I personally didn't even know it existed.
  3. PhazonUK macrumors 6502

Jun 1, 2010
    Well, Engadget weren't very impressed.
    They said it was slow (atom processor running Win7), too heavy as a tablet, poor UI overlay, and bad screen.
  4. MacDawg macrumors P6

Mar 20, 2004
    "Between the Hedges"
    I wouldn't consider one at all, even if there was no iPad period
  5. Antfer macrumors member

Mar 20, 2011
    Da Duo is a POS. Ask me how I know. Read engadget's review. There is a MAJOR FLAW N DA SOFTWARE. I brought 2 4 da kids 4 Xmas. BIG MISTAKE.
    :mad: :mad: :mad:
  6. TheWheelMan thread starter macrumors 6502a

Mar 15, 2011
    I only saw a snippet of the presentation because I was watching baseball, but the above was my initial thought, that it looks too heavy to use as a tablet.
  7. MrWillie macrumors 65816

Apr 29, 2010
    Starlite Starbrite Trailer Court
    It's a netbook, so it sucks as a laptop. When you flip the screen, it's still attached to everything else, so it sucks as a tablet.
  8. Stefx73 macrumors regular

Mar 26, 2011
    Why should we ask you how you know, after you've basically explained how you know?
  9. MasonH macrumors member

Mar 20, 2011
    I've had Dell's running in my home for 24hrs a day since '98 and have NEVER had a single failure. Not one. The laptop I'm writing this on kicks some serious ass...

That said... even *I* wouldn't touch that beast!

(see what I did there... "touch"?? get it? Damn I'm clever) :D