does different sim card will different drop of battery?

kuangmao

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 19, 2010

I have turn off gps,wifi,notification,................all the app in the background....

I just got a T-mobile micro sim card on the iphone 4s, and the battery drop 1% every 2mins. when i let the screen on.

WHY?

aziatiklover

macrumors 68030
Jul 12, 2011
8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
no, but something is not right with your iphone. Try to update or restore the firmware! Btw if you have google exchange set ul I would recommend removing it cuz contacts always fetch for no reason and loose battery life.

kuangmao

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 19, 2010
I also went the apple, they checked the battery, said no problem with the battery, and told me to restore.

I did restored my iphone 4s, still same.....

macingman

macrumors 68020
Jan 2, 2011

I have turn off gps,wifi,notification,................all the app in the background....

I just got a T-mobile micro sim card on the iphone 4s, and the battery drop 1% every 2mins. when i let the screen on.

WHY?
Perhaps because with t-mobile the iPhone is constantly searching for 3G but can never get any?

tahoeroscoe

macrumors regular
Apr 25, 2009
California
bad signal can affect battery.

If it stays at 100% for a couple few hours then starts dropping battery signal, then it sounds like the battery % is not reading out correctly.

Try draining your battery until it shuts off, then plug in and charge to 100% and leave it charging for another couple hours after it's full. Some say this will 'calibrate' your battery read-out. Not sure if it really works but you can try.

And btw, if your battery stays at 100% for 3 hours, then drains 1% every 2 minutes, thats still over 6 hours of battery life with the screen on. Which is not great, but if the screen is at full brightness and you are running apps or browsing/transferring data over 3g.... not terrible depending on what you are doing with it.

Have you tried to see how long it actually takes to drop to 0%?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.