Does Direct Fulfillment actually fulfill?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by maddan, Jul 22, 2008.

1. maddan macrumors regular

I still don't have my iPhone 3G. I ordered the Black 16GB model through AT&T's direct fulfillment program. Has anyone received their order yet through direct fulfillment?

Thanks in advance to those who reply!

2. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

There are literally like 5 threads on this issue... yes people are receiving their phones. Slowly but surely, they are.

When did you order? If you ordered after 7/13, the estimated delivery time is 10-21 business days.

3. LeMaestro macrumors newbie

as I said in 3 other posts...

I ordered a 16GB White on 7/16 from my local AT&T store. It Shipped by priority overnight (at no charge to me) on 7/18 and I had it in my hand 3 days later on 7/19. I had been told 10-21 days so I am really impressed with this turnaround time. I even got Saturday delivery. I don't know how this happened so fast but I am really impressed that it did.

AT&T has been first class for me.

4. maddan thread starter macrumors regular

I ordered mine yesterday. They told me it would take 2-3 weeks. I thought maybe the process will actually become quicker as of today, with more and more iPhones beginning to appear in Apple stores.

5. ZDDP1273 macrumors 6502

I ordered mine last Wednesday and I am still waiting. I'm #31 in my queue and over 150 have already been fulfilled ahead of me at my store. Be patient my friend, it will come.

6. maddan thread starter macrumors regular

That's very good for you, yet I find it strange that I wasn't offered a shipping option. Was it because of the extended wait time? Probably, but then again, you were given an estimate, too, and they still gave you an option. My receipt says Economy Freight, which I am guessing is not one of the faster options. Definitely taken aback, knowing I might have to wait more than most.

7. ZDDP1273 macrumors 6502

I'm pretty sure all of the phones for DF are shipped overnight at no charge to you.

8. maddan thread starter macrumors regular

Okay... I will take your word for it. Thanks!

9. LeMaestro macrumors newbie

I did not request, nor did I pay for, the priority overnight. It is just the way it shipped.

10. Driller macrumors newbie

Driller

Ordered mine on 7/11.
    Recieved it on 7/18.
    16GB Black.

11. Geniusdog254 macrumors regular

Ordered 7/21 not shipped, backordered, was told 10-15 days. It DOES NOT COME WITH PRIORITY OVERNIGHT TYPICALLY, it appears to depend on the store, my local store in Farmington MO (60 miles south of St. Louis) shipped it Economy without asking either way.

12. Zephgx macrumors member

Ordered 7/18
    Shipped 7/21
    Arrived at the store 7/22

Picked it up an hour ago 16gb White

13. m1chelangelo macrumors member

m1chelangelo

14. Geniusdog254 macrumors regular

HOW IN THE WORLD DO YOU PEOPLE FIND OUT WHAT NUMBER YOU ARE lol. I have tried for 4 hours to find out what place I am in line, it doesn't show it online, they didn't tell me in the store, its not on the receipt, how do you find out. Thanks in advance

15. m1chelangelo macrumors member

m1chelangelo

Google "wheresmydamniphone" and go from there, that site is relatively easy to get the hang of.

16. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

See this thread: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=528840

17. michaelmaxwell2 macrumors regular

Well I really don't know :D. (sarcastic) I am only on the my white iphone 3g that I df thru AT&T. It only took 5 days.........

18. 93cobra macrumors newbie

Ordered mine on the 12th mid-day and shows a tracking number for it tonight. Should have it tomorrow.

19. Marvin1379 macrumors 6502

you're not waiting "more than most"...everyone is told the same wait time now. it just depends on supply and how fast they can really get them to the stores from the warehouses. anyway, if some AT&T store used overnight to get it to their customers faster, that's on AT&T. i'm happy with my economy freight shipping...i know i'm getting an iPhone in at most 21 days!!! (without waiting on a gastly line)

20. joe01 macrumors member

joe01

How long does i take at&t or apple to shipped out fulfillment order 3g iphones ? its just not worth it spending 1k on 3g iphone on ebay

21. jturn00 macrumors member

White iphones ship faster

White iphones are shipping faster. I ordered mine monday 7/21 and it shipped yesterday. I am hoping to pick it up today. (I ordered mine from a store in NYC). I didn't ask for any priority shipping but they shipped it next day.

22. chrismac00 macrumors 6502a

White ones are shipping quicker.

I ordered mine yesterday (July 23rd)

Hopefully it ships today or tomorrow :D

I'm really excited to get it.

Hopefully it's worth the wait :)