iPad Does Displayout work with HBO GO?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by banzai75x, Mar 22, 2012.

1. banzai75x macrumors newbie

I tried using TV Out but that doesn't work. I get a message saying HBO not supporting HDMI. Does Displayout work? I wanted to know before I bought it.

2. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

You know what I remember doing this when I was watching a season of True Blood a while ago. I haven't tried yet with the latest iPad and app version. But, it did work with the video/HDMI adapter. I only wish it would work with Airplay. So far, it only transmits the sound, not the video. I've yet to try the HDMI adapter. Though, I will soon. If it doesn't work, I will be canceling my HBO subscription. This was the only reason I subscribed and I can't imagine watching entire series on my iPad.

3. serveradmnstrtr macrumors member

I can't speak for DisplayOut but I use TVOut2 which seems to work fine for me. I'm evenable to use it over AirPlay with AppleTV3 and initially when you open the app it states that you need to disconnect the adapter but once you browse to a channel, it displays on the TV.

On a side now - When I try to use the Digital AV HDMI Adapter on my iPad 5.0.1, I get a message that states "Accessory Not Supported: Please Update to Latest iOS." - Anyone ever see this?

4. ridx macrumors newbie

5. Fofer macrumors 6502a

If you have an HBO subscription with a participating Cable/Satellite provider, also consider just getting a Roku for $49. That's just a little bit more than a long HDMI cable and adapter, and obviously requires no jailbreak.

6. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Unless you get them from Monoprice.

7. Fofer macrumors 6502a

As I stated in my post, I was comparing the Roku to a "really long HDMI" cable. I got one of the latter from Monoprice, it was 30 feet, and it cost $25.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10240&cs_id=1024005&p_id=3963&seq=1&format=2

Obviously everyone spends money differently, but I consider $24 "just a little bit more," for the low-end Roku. Especially considering it does so much more. Especially considering how much we all spend on so many other pieces of equipment and software.