Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shockwave78

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 10, 2010
When DND is on will it allow text to come though when a contact is in your favorites? Or will it only allow calls through?

Thanks

nepalisherpa

macrumors 68020
Aug 15, 2011
USA
When DND is on will it allow text to come though when a contact is in your favorites? Or will it only allow calls through?

Thanks

It will not allow texts to Come through, only calls. I think that is a major flaw not to allow us to control that feature

Yeah, only calls from favorite people generate alerts. Texts go silent. I don't understand why Apple would implement this feature like that. I would like to be able to get all kinds of alerts from my favorite people.

fsck-y dingo

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2009
No, and it's the main reason I never use the feature. If they ever change how it works I'd use it all the time.

cyks

macrumors 68020
Jul 24, 2002
Westchester County, NY
There is PLENTY to fix with 'Do Not Disturb.'

It should allow ANYTHING from one of the listed contacts to come through- calls, texts, even emails, it has scheduling, but there are no options for seperate days or even weekends, and I'd love to see the ability to kill notifications, calls, emails- when the phone is in use.

hansenc

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2004
Will throw my comment in here.

I was hoping from day one that DND would allow texts, submitted it as a bug during the beta.

Guess its by design.

Like others, I cannot use this feature without some way of allowing text messages from certain numbers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.