Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

michaelfields

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 8, 2010
I was thinking about installing Dreamboard but don't want to kill my battery in exchange for a theme.

I tried googling but everything I saw just said it used a ton of ram, all of those posts were from 2011. Is this still the case? That slows your phone down I'm assuming?

STiNG Operation

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2012
The Zoo
I was thinking about installing Dreamboard but don't want to kill my battery in exchange for a theme.

I tried googling but everything I saw just said it used a ton of ram, all of those posts were from 2011. Is this still the case? That slows your phone down I'm assuming?

I'll bump this. I need to know as well. My friend just uninstalled winterboard and said he noticed significantly better battery life.

iRetired

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2012
WNY
No battery issues that I'm aware of and I have both installed. As far as speed is concerned, I have Accelerate set at "Ferrari" and there's no lag at all.

Redjericho

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2011
In my experience, Dreamboard is fine, but has limited selection. It can drain the battery depending on the complexity of the theme (obviously an animated background will kill battery more than a static one)

Wnterboard is a killer when it comes to performance. Hurts just about everything (RAM, performance speed) , though I haven't heard much about it being used in the iPhone 5. The insane processor in that thing might be able to handle it lag-free.

HankHowdy

macrumors 68040
Dec 2, 2012
Victorville CA
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21360886265.513752.jpg

Winterboard theme Jaku.

Battery looks good to me. This is on a 4s and I have no lag issues.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.