iPhone Does Dreamboard/Winterboard drain your battery?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by michaelfields, Feb 7, 2013.

1. michaelfields macrumors regular

I was thinking about installing Dreamboard but don't want to kill my battery in exchange for a theme.

I tried googling but everything I saw just said it used a ton of ram, all of those posts were from 2011. Is this still the case? That slows your phone down I'm assuming?

2. STiNG Operation macrumors 6502a

STiNG Operation

I'll bump this. I need to know as well. My friend just uninstalled winterboard and said he noticed significantly better battery life.

3. iRetired macrumors 6502a

iRetired

No battery issues that I'm aware of and I have both installed. As far as speed is concerned, I have Accelerate set at "Ferrari" and there's no lag at all.

4. Redjericho macrumors 6502a

In my experience, Dreamboard is fine, but has limited selection. It can drain the battery depending on the complexity of the theme (obviously an animated background will kill battery more than a static one)

Wnterboard is a killer when it comes to performance. Hurts just about everything (RAM, performance speed) , though I haven't heard much about it being used in the iPhone 5. The insane processor in that thing might be able to handle it lag-free.

5. HankHowdy macrumors 68040

HankHowdy

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21360886265.513752.jpg

Winterboard theme Jaku.

Battery looks good to me. This is on a 4s and I have no lag issues.