Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

metronycguy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 20, 2005
i am thinking of switching over i actually had a power book for a couple weeks , that i had to ship back due to a problem. i looked at ilfe and i cal and wasn't impressed. i have been using ms outlook for over 8 or 9 years and dont think its that great , however i need something as good as it.
i always go to the apple Soho NY store and try the macs there.
i am used to the journal ,calendar and task function along with the email functions.
does entourage have a journal and task function like outlook?
i am looking to change over to mac for video editing

superbovine

macrumors 68030
Nov 7, 2003
entourage has basically the same features of outlook, and is the only client that works properly with exchange server. If you can navigate around Outlook, Entourage isn't a big jump.

kretzy

macrumors 604
Sep 11, 2004
Canberra, Australia
Entourage is capable of tasks, notes (I suppose this is like journal),projects and calendars. Give iCal another try, for calendars I find it is excellent.

AvSRoCkCO1067

macrumors 65816
Sep 6, 2005
CO
metronycguy said:
i am thinking of switching over i actually had a power book for a couple weeks , that i had to ship back due to a problem. i looked at ilfe and i cal and wasn't impressed. i have been using ms outlook for over 8 or 9 years and dont think its that great , however i need something as good as it.
i always go to the apple Soho NY store and try the macs there.
i am used to the journal ,calendar and task function along with the email functions.
does entourage have a journal and task function like outlook?
i am looking to change over to mac for video editing

Is there a PC alternative to iLife that you find superior?...Just wondering, because I own a PC as well but I've never found anything close to iLife '06.

iSaint

macrumors 603
I like Entourage. When I switched to Macs, I imported all of my contacts with ease from a *.csv file that I had exported from my previous use of Outlook. I like the functions of Entourage, plus I like Office. I think you'll like all of the features found on the Mac version of Office and Entourage.

metronycguy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 20, 2005
AvSRoCkCO1067 said:
Is there a PC alternative to iLife that you find superior?...Just wondering, because I own a PC as well but I've never found anything close to iLife '06.
your right , i was thinking of something else. imovie i really like, i am sure garage band and i web would be fun to play with. actually those video programs and artistic programs are why i want to switch to a mac.

metronycguy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 20, 2005
max_altitude said:
Entourage is capable of tasks, notes (I suppose this is like journal),projects and calendars. Give iCal another try, for calendars I find it is excellent.

i like outlook because its all linked together. calendar ,journal ,contacts ,appointments and tasks plus ms word is also linked to the email program.
i am only a home user, however i could imagine using a program that didn't have these features.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.