All iPads Does Evernote lag heavily on other people's iPads?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by kylera, Feb 15, 2013.

1. kylera macrumors 65816

kylera

Ever since Evernote did its revamp, it has always felt laggy. Even on an iPad 4 running iOS 6. When I double-press the Home button to get the bar of running/recently run apps, it's visibly choppy.

Do other users see this?

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

3. syd430 Guest

Yes it does. This is on all iPads incl. ipad 4. This + the useless animations when opening notes, resulted in me ditching Evernote altogether and switching to Dropbox + txt files. Never been happier, and this is comming from someone that's been a heavy EN user for years. The massive lag in EN 5 was just the final sraw.

----------

The lag is there when scrolling an open note or bringing up the app switcher. it's there in the ipad 2,3,4 and mini. I've also tested other ipad 4's and its there. EN forums has plenty of discussion on it incl my thread a few months back when the update was released.

4. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

No sure if it is due to lag, but while I find it much more versatile than the basic notes app, it is also much more cumbersome for when I just want to quickly jot down a quick note.

On IOS, I just fire up notes, hit the + button, and type away.
    On evernote, it noticeably takes longer to load, not to mention the animation when composing a new note is quite annoying.

Here's hoping IOS7 will introduce a few more basic features to notes, namely the ability to organise notes by category or folder, and some basic editing options. :)

5. irDigital0l Guest

It's probably due to my iPad 1 in general and the Evernote update with the newer UI.

It lags quite a lot

6. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

I have an ipad4 and have not noticed any lag. I've also tried it on an ipad3...no lag there either.

7. ManicMarc macrumors 6502

Yes someone at Evernote must have got a Core Animation book given to them, they went a little overkill. It runs OK for me, but yes even on the iPad 3 it feels it could be faster. I feel like this the whole time when using OSX 10.7, waiting for the animations. That said, I still rate Evernote as one of my favourite apps.

8. SpyderBite macrumors 65816

SpyderBite

Same here. No change at all in performance.

9. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

----------

Sorry, but you must not have tested all of them, including mine, because I have no lag on my iPad 3 or my iPad Mini

I am not disputing the fact that others may experience it, but it cannot be said categorically that every iPad does, when in fact, mine does not

10. ManicMarc macrumors 6502

I like their implementation of the folder slide down. I had to do this animation for an app. Few weeks ago, and while it looks simple, it's was actually quite tricky to get right.

11. maxosx macrumors 68020

The latest rev of Evernote runs very well on my iPad 4, iPad mini, iPhone 5 & 15" MBP retina. With over 1500 notes its very impressive. I enjoy lag free performance, which makes me wonder about others who claim lag is a problem.

12. syd430 Guest

Maybe it's improved since I ditched it a few months back. The initial release of 5.0 on ipad was laggy esp within notes.

13. kylera thread starter macrumors 65816

kylera

Wow, no lag at all? I envy you guys.

Here are the situations when I see lag and when I don't.

Lag:
    - open and close notes
    - double-tap the home button when a note of any length is open
    - rotating notes

No lag:
    - double-tap the home button when I'm in the notebooks screen or the main screen (where you see recent notes, tags, places, etc.)
    - (most important) doing the actual typing

At least I don't see lag when typing stuff up.

14. cfs macrumors 6502a

Would't mind a undo option as well. This killed me once when I accidentally erased a few sentences.