Does everyone else see Safari being much faster?

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by Maury, Oct 20, 2014.

1. Maury macrumors 6502

Is it just me, or is Safari's WAY faster rendering pages now? Pages that used to have lengthy delays at the start, like longer wiki articles, now render almost instantly. Is it Safari, or maybe the clean OS install I did?

2. ABC5S, Oct 20, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2014

ABC5S macrumors 68040

ABC5S

Every site I click on goes real fast now as oppose to prior to Yosemite I would get some sites sticking from time to time, that that includes this one. On major sticking point is the Interfacelift.com wallpaper site, and that is the only place I cannot get into now. It just won't let me in. I even did a reformat and fresh install. Go figure

Edited: Never mind, got it working again.

Attached Files:

3. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

I just did an upgrade install from Mavericks and Safari feels faster to me also. I saw this test today from CNet showing some pretty decent improvements across the board.

4. deviant macrumors 65816

Never seen it faster. It's not you, Safari is blazing fast

5. prism macrumors 6502a

Safari is indeed a major improvement over the Mavericks version. I especially like the faster zoom rendering on retina displays.
    It is unfortunate that the same cannot be said of the overall Yosemite look and feel. Switching between spaces, for example, is horrendously choppy. I do hope that they optimise this for more than just the Mac Pro in the near future.

6. Maury thread starter macrumors 6502

Well this was unexpected, and as I spend 99% of my waking hours on the 'net, a very welcome change.

Kudos, Apple. Again.