Does everyone have a warm 4S?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CosmoPilot, Oct 18, 2011.

1. CosmoPilot macrumors 65816

CosmoPilot

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

I know this has to be the reason I'm experiencing poor battery life. I have zero apps open, just Safari and the back glass of my 4S is very warm. The processor has to be working hard at something for this to be the case. I'm just wondering if everyone else is experiencing this phenomenon?

Please reply with something like:
    "warm phone poor battery"
    "not warm at all, good battery"

This is an informal request to see if I should do a clean install, etc.

Thanks in advance!

2. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

not warm at all, good battery

/jk

Have you tried a hard reset?

3. bpeeps macrumors 68020

bpeeps

4. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Safari is an app, isn't it?

Phones are very compact, so they do get warm. Very warm when used for extended periods. The processor doesn't have to be working that hard to make a tiny device such as the iPhone warm ;)

5. CosmoPilot thread starter macrumors 65816

CosmoPilot

I do appreciate your feedback, but this isn't my first iPhone. In fact we have 4 of them in my family. This is however the only 4S in the house, so I have very little to compare it to. My previous iPhone4 NEVER got warm unless I was playing a graphic intense game for an extended period of time. That phone got excellent battery life. Apples website says this battery is just as good, so it should be somewhat comparable, but it isn't.

As you can see by some people's responses, their phones are not getting hot at all. Something is up!

6. Epic Xbox Revie macrumors 6502a

Epic Xbox Revie

I've had my old iphone 4 get warm after use... I think it's particularly noticeable because the back is glass and not plastic like the 3G and 3GS.. You should be fine.

7. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

This is the Internet. There is no everyone. There are too many variables. The fact that even one person's phone does not get hot means all bets are off. Don't make yourself crazy. Do a restore and see if it helps. If not, exchange it.

8. CosmoPilot thread starter macrumors 65816

CosmoPilot

Good point! However, I bet a quick walk in exchange is not likely with demand still high. I just did a hard reset, and I'll see if that works. I've already noticed the phone temp is cooler (like my old iP4)!

I've always been lucky with all my Apple products, and have never had a bad experience yet...until this one! I know Apple will make it right, but I also would like to rule out anything I can on my end first.