Does everyone have problems

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MacMarf, Jul 3, 2010.

1. MacMarf macrumors member

So, seeing this forum here, it looks almost like everyone is having problems with their MBP's, which is bad, because I just thought about buying one ;( Are there still people out here which have had no problems with their MBP's? Also, I am going to follow a new study (Right word?) next year, like mid 2011, but my laptop just crashed and I need a new one. Would it be smart to buy one now? 15'' MBP, i5, 8GB's of RAM, will that last me for the next 5 years? Im going to do multimedia design. Thanks!

2. waloshin macrumors 68040

waloshin

No computer will last you too long, though 5 years should be alright.

And this forums has thousands of members so of course there is going to be problems with at least a couple of the members MBP's.

3. tmshort macrumors newbie

My experience:

MBP 13" perfect, no problems.
    Got a refurb 13" MBP for my brother, perfect, no issues.

Apple TV, several ipods, original iPhone, 3g, 3gs, and now 4g iphones all flawless without issues.

iPad - same, no issues.

People don't usually post when they have a problem free product.

4. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

The only reason it looks like everyone has issues is because people typically only post here if they have a problem. People don't typically just post something about how great their computer is. The people posting here only represent a small portion of owners, so it's not an accurate representation of what actually happens. I have never had a problem with my computer, and now would be a good time to buy, I'm sure you could get 5 years out of it as well.

5. bigjobby macrumors 65816

I wouldn't get a new computer just because it 'just crashed'. I would get it fixed and make it last. I reckon you should milk the life of your current machine until maybe the start of your course next year or after the first year.

6. Bulldog3777 macrumors 6502

Problems

I have a 13 and no problems. Perfect or damn close to it. My sons each have MBPs(one 13 and one 15) both perfect. One son's wife has a 13 and no problems.

7. kidwithdimples macrumors 6502a

No problems at all.

Some members have nothing better to do then pick on the smallest things ever and complain about it.

8. jmdMac macrumors regular

No problems at all.

People will always post when something is wrong, but why would I make a thread just to say my mbp works like it should...? Exactly, I wouldn't.

9. robrob71 macrumors newbie

Similarly - no problems here on my 13" MBP

10. MacMarf thread starter macrumors member

Okay, thanks guys!

I have been using this laptop for like 8 years now. I found the problem which is the graphicscard, it has Integrated graphics, so i reckon the motherboard/harddrive would need a replacement. And with a laptop this old, I don't think they would still have any left.

11. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

I've had 100% NO problems with my 13" MacBook Pro. I've had it for 5 months and no problems yet ;-)

I know someone who has a MacBook Pro that is almost 5 yrs old and it hasn't had any problems yet.

My sister's MacBook is 2 yrs old and hasn't had any problems yet.

My iMac is almost 5 yrs old and hasn't had any problems apart from a DVD drive break down once.

---------

And I know a lot of others who have had no problems with their Macs :D

12. djdtm macrumors newbie

Apple makes great computers, but when they inevitably take a dump, like all technology, don't expect the repair process to be cakes and pie, especially if you go through 3rd party "certified" repair technicians.

If you find yourself deciding between a couple hour drive to the nearest genius bar or a couple minute drive to the nearest certified apple guys. Just go to the genius bar. Chances are you'll have your gear fixed 7 times faster than the other guys.

13. bobr1952 macrumors 68020

bobr1952

8 years--time for a new laptop if you can afford it. You got your money's worth out of that one for sure.