does FCE crash as much as imovie HD?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by sbb155, Aug 28, 2007.

1. sbb155 macrumors 6502

Imovie crashes all the time for me, all disks ok, repaired permissions, etc. is fce as problematic?

2. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

When does it crash? What type of machine are you running it on?

I've never had iMovie crash.

3. sbb155 thread starter macrumors 6502

4. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

OK. What are you normally doing when it quits unexpectedly? Are you editing clips, entering titles, doing effects, rendering, etc? Is there any pattern to it at all?

5. dave@toastmedia macrumors member

6. sbb155 thread starter macrumors 6502

it happens randomly. It happened yesterday when I deleted some imported clips. What is a pebcak error?

7. huntercr macrumors 65816

[P]roblem [E]xists etween [C]hair [A]nd [K]eyboard.

He's jabbing you a bit saying it's your fault.

And By the way, to answer your real question: FCE HD does not crash as frequently as iMovie HD for me, very rarely does either one crash though so I'm not sure that's a fair statement.

Save early, save often.

Unless you're a serious hobbiest or higher, I wouldn't go to Final Cut Express just to get a more reliable environment though. The learning curve is steeeeep. Don't get me wrong, if you're into it, it is a blast, but just be aware of the learning curve. For example what you may be doing in "10 minutes" in iMovie, might take you 4-6 hours to do in Final Cut when doing it the first time, just from all the basic interface knowledge that is necessary.