Does Fed-Ex make more then one delivery attempt in a day?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hawklight, Jun 23, 2010.

1. Hawklight macrumors member

Just curious as I won't be home from work until after 2PM today. I guess it probably depends on the amount of deliveries and is at the drivers discression.

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

No. You can usually pick up a missed delivery after 5 at the facility though.

3. sfwalter macrumors 68000

sfwalter

No they don't. They will leave a door tag with a number you can call. If the driver gets back to the local facility before the service counter closes you can go pick it up.

4. CJayC macrumors 6502

Do you know how ****ing inefficient that would be?

5. bozzykid macrumors 68020

No they will leave a dour tag that you can use to pick it up at the local facility. Usually you can pick it up the same day just before they close depending on which truck your package is in. Just call and they can tell you.

6. jfk3674 macrumors member

It depends on the driver actually. In the past I have just missed a package and I called and the driver came back around.

Also we don't officially open until 10am, but the driver always tries to deliver earlier than that. she comes back later in the day. But this is because we have stated business hours she did not honor.

7. slpdLoad macrumors 6502a

slpdLoad

No, if they miss you they will leave a note on the door.

Call the number for your local station that is on the note, and they should be able to tell you when the driver usually get back in the evening, and you should be able to pick it up. If not they will try again the next day.

8. AbjectEvolution macrumors 6502

:confused:

Calm down man... it's only the internets.

9. jp93 macrumors regular

Im not too sure about this. FedEx delivered one of our 3 phones around 10 AM EST. I called the IPD about the other two and they confirmed that they are both out for delivery by 4:30 PM. So that would mean them coming to my house twice in the same day.

10. herdinoh macrumors regular

No. they will leave you a notification. you have to pick it up by yourself or they will delivery it again at second day.

11. Sketchr macrumors 6502a

Usually not. But it did happen with my Powerbook a couple months ago. They came back about an hour later.

12. Hawklight thread starter macrumors member

Well since I don't live in a major metropolitan area probably not that ****ing inefficient.

13. pdubak macrumors member

They make two trips to my work sometimes if there is a late flight or something. They just keep sending boxes that never stop coming out to people yet still meet their deadlines.

14. ceiph macrumors regular

last year i got them to bring my 3gs again. it never hurts to call if you miss, they can double back if close or they can tell you when to be at the local warehouse to pick up

15. Hawklight thread starter macrumors member

That's why I was asking because UPS did this for my wife's iPad so I didn't know if Fed-Ex would do the same.

16. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

This made me :D hahaha